5 Easy Changes that Can Save Over $1900 in One YearPosted: December 6, 2011
I’ve peppered this blog with money-saving tips. I decided to add up the tangible amounts I’ve written about and see how much I will save in a year.
Here are the switches and the savings:
1) I swapped cold cereal for oatmeal-This saves me approximately $69.58/year (more if I buy generic).
2) I quit drinking Diet Coke-This will save me $584.48 (I used to drink WAY too much of this…WAY too much).
3) I quit using swiffer products-$78.52
4) I started watching the thermostat like a crazy woman. Our electric bill has dropped approximately $100/month depending on the weather. $1200/year.
5) I started paying for gas with cash. I have estimated that this will save $60/year. I will total this up at the end of my month. Read about my experiment HERE.
Are you ready for the grand total? I will save $1992.58 in a year if I continue to follow the aforementioned changes. Can you believe that? The numbers are very inspirational. Small changes REALLY add up!
ps-Click the links above to see the math for each number!