How To Hang A SweaterPosted: November 10, 2011
I abhor ironing (click HERE for wrinkle releaser recipe). I also do not like donning a sweater with funny bumps on the shoulders formed from plastic clothes hangers. I needed a sweater storage solution. My sister came to the rescue and taught me how to hang my sweater correctly. My fall fashion apparel is no longer wrinkly or sporting a shoulder goiter (my junior high friends always referred to the bump as a goiter…it stuck with me). Hanging my sweaters correctly has increased their longevity which therefore decreases my clothing bills. It’s a win-win situation.
1) Start by folding sweater in half
2) Place clothes hanger under the arm as pictured
3) Fold bottom half of sweater over hanger
4) Do the same with the sleeves
5) Tuck sleeve under bottom portion of hanger
6) Hang and enjoy a wrinkle/goiter free sweater!
*My sister learned this technique from Rachel Coleman